Open Water swimming presents a unique set of challenges to swimmers. There are no lane lines, walls, or starting blocks to dictate what it takes to win. The elements often play a deciding role in determining the winner of an Open Water event. The unpredictable conditions also make it possible for women and men to compete along side one another. Many people are excited to get involved in Open Water swimming, either for a new twist on training or to take advantage of the expanding competitive opportunities.
- Open Water Event Management: CLICK HERE
- Open Water Sanction Guidelines: CLICK HERE
- Long Distance Rules: CLICK HERE
- Long Distance Policies: CLICK HERE
USMS Long Distance Fitness Events / ePostal info
- USA Swimming – Open Water Swimming: CLICK HERE
- U.S. Open Water Swimming: CLICK HERE
- Cornhusker State Games: CLICK HERE
For more info about Open Water events, contact the Nebraska Open Water Chair.